The stone house is the oldest dwelling in Muddy Creek Forks. Built in about 1798 by Alexander Turner, this house was the first residence of A.M. Grove when he bought the village from James Maffet in 1888. Later his brother and partner James Grove lived in this house, and still later A.M. Grove's warehouse man and his family lived here. The house is built over a spring, one of three that supplied all of the water for Muddy Creek Forks.
Note: This is a private residence.